SDG Dashboard Services
We collect the following types of information from you:
- Registration information that you provide when you create a User Account, including your institution’s name, institution’s country, first name and last name, and email address.
- Information that you provide on behalf of a college or university to access and use the assessment tool functionality.
- Location information when you use the Service, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with the Service, or by your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information.
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you use the Service or open emails that we send.
- Information you voluntarily share with us to help you resolve your problem. We may also collect technical information regarding your browser or mobile device, so that we may help you troubleshoot your problem.
- Information based on third-party built-in and external analytics tools that is sent by your device or our Service, including the pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that helps us improve the Service.
How we collect information:
- We collect information from you when you register for the Service, when you upload content through our Service, and when we contact you or you contact us.
- We may also collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons.
How we use information, and our lawful basis for doing so:
The laws in some countries require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful basis for processing your personal information is in support of our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- To Verify Your Identity. We may use your information to prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity on your behalf.
- To Improve Customer Service. Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To Personalize Your Experience. We use the information we collect to send you updates, newsletters, and other information that may be of interest to you. You can decide to stop receiving these updates by contacting SDGdashboard@gmail.com.
- To Improve Our Service. We may use your information in a way that does not identify you as an individual to understand how our users as a group use the Service and resources provided on the Service. We may also use feedback you provide to improve our Service.
Updating your information:
- You may review, correct, update, change, or delete your user information at any time by contacting us at SDGdashboard@gmail.com.
Sharing your information:
- We will not sell, share or otherwise distribute your personal information to third parties except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Your personal information may be transferred to a third party in the event that the Service or a part of it and the customer data connected with it is sold, assigned, or transferred.
- We may share your information in response to a request from law enforcement officials both within and without the U.S. if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so.
How We Protect Your Information:
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant absolute security.
Where Information is Processed:
The Internet is a global environment. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction for the purposes described in this Agreement where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you are located. SJU is based in the U.S. When you use our Service you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries. Keep in mind, even if the laws in your country are more protective than U.S. law, U.S. law governs your use of our Service. If you are a user based in the U.S. and you use the Service while you are abroad, your information may be available to law enforcement or to the government of that country. By registering for and using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information to the U.S., for such use and disclosure as is described in this Agreement.
We generally retain personal information for so long as it may be necessary for the purposes identified in this Agreement, unless a longer period of time is required by law or SJU policy.
Your Data Rights and Choices:
If you are in a jurisdiction which provides additional rights such as the right to (a) request access to your personal information, (b) request the rectification of inaccurate personal information, (c) request the erasure or the restriction of processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, including when the data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, except when SJU is required by law to maintain or otherwise process your personal information, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or the protection of the rights of another person, or (d) the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the country of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement of the applicable law, then you may exercise these rights by contacting SJU at SDGdashboard@gmail.com. We will process such request with respect to any personal information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. Exercising any of these rights is a guarantee to be afforded a process and does not guarantee any particular outcome. These rights and options that you have with respect to personal information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law.